The starting point of any development is the desk study. We source published information from a range of suppliers and assess these data to give us an initial understanding of the characteristics of the ground and potential geotechnical and environmental issues. A desk study is a minimum requirement for local authority approval of planning applications.
Desk studies are a key element in site evaluation and development appraisals prior to property acquisition and provide valuable and focused advice at an early stage.
A key element of the desk study is the production of a conceptual site model, which highlights possible pollutant linkages by identifying:
- potential contaminants associated with a property’s current or historical usage.
- receptors (including site users and the water environment) that may be adversely affected by potential contaminants.
- pathways whereby contaminants could migrate to the receptors.
In this section
- Desk studies
- Ground investigations
- Risk assessments
- Earthworks design and verification
- Ground stability
- Foundation and sub-structure design
- Pre-purchase/divestiture appraisals
- Ground gas assessment and design of protection measures
- Design of remediation schemes
- Material management and waste minimisation
Crossfield Consulting Limited
- The Granary,
White Hall Farm,
- +44 (1926) 815678
- +44 (1926) 815222